Sunday, January 29, 2012

Come down from the mountaintop

I just got back from a weekend away with our youth group.  We often refer to these retreats as "mountaintop" experiences.  The kids are all fired up, we're all fired up and then we face the struggle of going back to our "regular" lives and living it out.  It happens to all of us, not just the kids. 
My mountaintop experience was slightly altered by the fact that I was thrown off a horse and my back and neck are a mess.  I am ready for my bed and a heating pad.  And maybe my bible and the Hunger Games book 2. 
I don't want to lose the mountaintop feel, but I know it's inevitable.  So today I am praying that I can move forward with this year, coming off the Daniel Fast and this retreat with a renewed appetite for life.  I want to do what I do and do it with more passion, desire, power, and fire than ever before.  Help me to find joy in all the little things and laugh at all the days to come.....

No comments:

Post a Comment