Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Oh how He loves us...

"Oh how he loves us, how he loves us so." "Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer." "And if our God is for us, then who can be against us?"
These are the verses/lyrics that have been swirling in my head today. I am just so tired of the patience, waiting, and constancy. I am ready for change. I am ready to be part of a community over here in Roswell. I am ready to commit to my school, to the kids' schools, to the life we have been praying for for years now. I am tired of the "God is just waiting on the perfect house", or "God knows something you don't". I KNOW that!!! But I also feel like if God can raise people from the dead, he can sell our house and find us the greatest deal in Roswell. So, what is the wait?

The other day I read the story of Noah. There was an interesting part of the story I never realized before. Noah sent the birds out to show him whether it was dry or not. Yet even after the dove returned with the olive branch, and seven days after he let the animals out, finally the Lord gave him and his family the OK to come out. They were in that boat thing for like a year and even though it was dry out there, God commanded they wait (for whatever reason) and Noah obeyed. Just as he had done with everything. For some reason God knew it wasn’t time to come out of the ark yet, and you know it had to be driving him and his family nuts to still be in there!! Yet, they waited. Waiting is the name of my game right now and although I’d rather be waiting for this than a clean bill of health or a diagnosis, I am ready to live an abundant life. I am ready to be done waiting. I feel like I’ve seen the olive branch, but still can’t get out. "I’m ready for your command Lord. Help us to be obedient in the time we are to stay on our ark. Help calm my heart and soul and understand your will."

No comments:

Post a Comment