Wednesday, February 1, 2012

My "tied for second favorite" month!

It is finally February!  My "tied for second favorite" month!! :)  So happy and excited for all to be celebrated this month!  Today brings so many things, so many people who need support and love (and celebrating!).

The first thing that came to mind this morning was Megan.  I have shared her story and her blog with many.  She is a friend of mine at work who is 17 weeks pregnant and has cervial cancer.  She had to have her cervix amputated today with hopes of saving her and her baby's life.  She has been such a witness for God during this whole ordeal- never giving up on His plan and clinging to hope. I had been praying for her all day and just thanking God that I have gotten to know her in the little time I spent with her at work. And tonight I am thankful to know a walking miracle.  Megan's tumor was 100% removed and she and baby are HEALTHY!!!  She probably won't even need radiation or chemotherapy after they deliver the baby.  This is nothing short of God working a miracle in her life.  As I sit back tonight and think about her situation, I am humbled and my faith is challenged.  I don't know that if five different doctors told me I had to terminate the pregnancy to save my life that I would keep seeking.  Megan never took no for an answer when it came to saving her baby's life.  She leaned "not on her own understanding" but on God alone.  She quoted scripture and prayed without ceasing.  I am in awe and so thankful for her witness in my life.   All praise be to God!!

The second thing that came to mind this morning was what Beth would think when she walked into her room and saw this:


I am thankful for all the friends at work I have been blessed to find.  Beth is a great teacher, a blast to hang out with, and has a huge heart for what she does.  And because I am obsessed with birthdays, this was a necessary decoration to her room. ;)  She was showered with food, balloons and gifts from her students and I made these fun little Harry Potter cupcakes.  I think she's in a sugar coma now!


Sorting hats, lightning bolts, and quidditch brooms!  All out of fondant.  Red and gold sprinkles for Gryffindor!!


In the flurry of the facebooking of Beth's birthday, I saw that it was also Savannah Kinkaid's birthday today.  Savannah was a girl in our youth group who was killed in a terrible riptide accident this past September.  The shock and sadness of losing Savannah was one of the hardest times in the life of our church.  Today, I remember the quiet, beautiful soul who spent her life serving others.  I always think of that Band Perry song, "funny when you're dead people start listening".  That was Savannah....such a sweet quiet spirit, yet she affected so many lives.  Praying for her mom and dad today, and the rest of the family.  Words can't begin to describe their anguish.  So thankful they are believers and can rest on the fact that we will all be dancing with Savannah some day. 



So February begins, with some amazing people brought to light.  I will celebrate with another cupcake and by going to bed early to catch up on sleep- snuggling my babies tight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment